Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Carlise 40k TT

Last weekend was not as eventful as the last TT I had (no bike problems or flat tires this time). The Carlise TT was awesome. I rode 24.8 miles in 1 hour 8 minutes at a 20.9 mph average. That sounds good until you look at the results. Half of the field rode it in less than and hour. My time was good enough for 44 out of 48 riders. However, I feel that I made a huge improvement. I felt stronger and pushed myself much harder than the first TT. I was hurting really good by the end and had to dig deep (and I was freezing due to the steady rain for 3/4 of the race).

This week I am taking it easy in preparation for the PCP ride on Tuesday. I have a 30 mile ride lined up on Friday and then Saturday a 75 mile ride. Although I have less miles than last year I still feel on better form than this time last year and I'm totally ready to tackle PCP.

The last couple of weeks have made me rethink my goals for the year. Instead of trying to go for high milage I am really focusing on increasing my power and sustained speed (quality of training instead of quanity). I feel a difference already and should be able to increase it throughout the season using the my TT's to gauge my progress.

Thanks for reading. My next post should come either next Wednesday or Thursday after the PCP ride.

Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.