Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mercer Cup update


Wow, It's Thursday and I'm just now writing this. It was an awesome weekend. The course was insanely muddy and made for some interesting riding. Saturday I placed 28th out of over 100 racers and on Sunday I place 27th out of 80. I was running a helmet cam for the race on Saturday and filmed the entire race from my perspective. Unfortunately Sunday, I was caught in a crash on the first lap and the lens was covered with mud, so there isn't much from that race.

As I said, the course was really muddy - (my bike after the race on Sunday). It was super tough (it felt like doing leg presses) but I had a great time playing in the mud. Even more fun was hanging out and working the pits with the Richard Sachs Team. They got some great results. Richard Sachs got 1st on both days, Matt Kraus got 2nd and 3rd, and Dan Timmerman got 8th in the Elite race on Sunday. I'm proud to say I had a small role in helping keep the bikes clean and good running order during all the races.

Click here for my photos from the weekend, click here for Richard's photos, and for some of the video I shot (although I do not have the helmet cam video yet) click here.

Thanks for reading!
Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.