Friday, March 11, 2011

2011 Season Plans

It's been a while since I last posted anything here. There really hasn't been much to talk about since the Cross at the Kiln. I rebuilt my CX bike and am really looking forward to next year. My last two races left me feeling really good about the upcoming cyclocross season (kicking off for me on Sept. 11). Again, my goal this year is to try and win a race, but I see that being difficult considering I'm in the million man "B" group. Oh well, gotta have goals, right?

My training so far this year is going great. Where I'm right now is much further ahead of where I was last year. I'm hoping this bodes well for the few crit races I'm planning on entering (my first being the Bunny Hop in Suitland MD on May 1). At 40 to 45 minutes a race these will perfectly mimic the red line effort of a cross race. Also on tap in May is a short trip up into the northeast states (MA, RI, and NH) for some nice riding, as is another double century ride to see my brother in Wallkill, NY in June.

I'm still debating on whether to enter The Nightmare this year or not. After 4 years of competing in it (grabbing 4th last year setting a new personal best and 2nd back in 09), I'm looking for a new challenge. Seeing as I got my cat 4 upgrade I may ride the Tour de Millersburg that is held the same weekend. The nice thing about this is that nothing needs to be decided right now.

Again I would like to thank everyone for their support last year. I'm looking forward to another great season this year and I know with you guys there behind me it can be the best ever.

Thanks for reading
Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.