Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Clarks Valley Full Update

Hello fans of Captain Crunch racing!

So far it has been a successful 2008 campaign! The Clarks' Valley went very well. I am very happy with the results that I posted. The course is much more rolling and difficult than Carlise (that course is flat flat flat). That being said however I still posted my fastest 40k TT time ever - 1 hour 6 minutes and 24 seconds. It was good enough for 34th out of 49 overall riders and 4th out of 7 riders in my category. (Click here for the official results.)

I didn't break an hour like I wanted, but the course did not fit my riding style. Because of the constant up/down rolling nature, I never really got into a good rhythm. Carlise is a much faster course and more suited to my style of riding. After Sunday I feel confident that 1 hour or less is possible before the last TT in Carlise on Sept. 6th.

If I feel and ride the way I rode Sunday I may even be able to break an hour on the August 10th Carlise TT. Mark your calendar now for that date. It should be another great day of bike racing. If you want to come out please let me know! The gun goes off at 7:30am.

Thanks for reading
Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.