Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tour de France bound!!!!!

I am officially headed to France next year!  I have booked this trip.  I had to scale back the size of the trip due to financial reasons.  A week of following the Tour de France is going to be amazing.  I will get to see three stages in the final week (and maybe the finish in Paris).  The stage finish in Grand Bornand, the TT in Annecy, and the most decisive stage of all - the climb up Mount Ventoux.  I will actually be on Ventoux for the stage.  I hear it is one giant party!  For a cycling fan the TdF is the Super Bowl, World Series, and Soccer World Cup rolled into one.  The best part is you can literally run right next to the riders as they ascend the mountains.

I also will be climbing several of the famous mountains of the tour while there as well.  They include the Alpe d'Huez, Galiber, Telegraph, Les Duex Alpe, Croix de Fer, Glandon, Mount Ventoux (the day before the real racers climb it) and several other "smaller" climbs.  It is going to be a truly epic week.

At this point I am not sure if I am going to Paris for the finish or not.  The stage on Mount Ventoux is the day before so I will be very close to Paris.  The company I'm travelling with is putting together a Paris package for those that are interested in staying a few extra days.  I would love to go to the finish on Sunday, and then Monday go to the Louvre and see some of the other famous sites of Paris.

Now the countdown begins... only 8 months left!

Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.