Thursday, June 4, 2009

Racing Schedule Changes

Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I have been crazy busy between work and training.  The training is progressing as planned.  If all goes well I should hit my peak around August (for the Nightmare) and hopefully hold it until September 4-7 for the Green Mountain Stage Race.  

You will notice that the schedule now reflects the change in living location.  This month I am competing in the Houstonic Hills road race in Southbury CT, and next month plan to compete in a 96 mile road race in Saratoga Springs NY called the Saratoga Triple Lap Challenge.  My race is part of a longer weekend of 12 and 24 hour races.  

Also on tap for this month is a special training ride on June 13th with some guys from VT that are also competing in Green Mountain race in my category.  This will give me a chance to size up some of the competition :-) and see if I can crash their couch for the weekend so I don't have to get a hotel room.  

Also added to the schedule is the Deodate road race back in lancaster county.  Since I need to return home that weekend it only made sense.  Even better, the start/finish is only 5 miles from my parents house so I may just ride from there for my warmup and skip the trainer all together.  Since those are my old training roads I will have a great advantage over the other cat. 5 racers, but I still plan to go out Friday night and preview the course one last time just to be on the safe side.   

It's hard to believe the season is already half over.  But it is still plenty busy with lots of big goals still left.  Another race I hope to do well in is the PA State TT at the end of September.  

Thanks for Reading!
Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.