Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nittany Lion Cross

Hey Everyone,

The first cyclocross race of the season was awesome. Cross racing is different from most other races. It's only 40 minutes long on a twisty 2km course in a small area (makes for great spectating). I won't bore you with the details but I finished 29th out of 79 guys. I got a great start going into the first turn, but got caught up in an early crash in which I lost around 15 or 20 spots. I spent the rest of the race making them back up.
I'm bummed that the race wasn't longer as I was really getting the hang of the course and could have climbed into the top 20. Oh well, that's bike racing. Next up is the BikeMS NYC ride in about 10 days! Click here for a link to all the pictures of the race.
Best!
Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.