Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Funniest Guys in the Peleton

Hey Everyone,

So while I may not be racing racing road this year in favor of putting my focus on CX, I'm still a roadie at heart. This month is a great time for fans of pro cycling as both the Tour of Cali and Giro are currently being contested. As I've been following my favorite riders, David Zabriskie, Jens Voigt, and Ted King, it made me realize that these guys are just as much comedians as they are bike racers. I'll link to a tibit from each one.

First we have Ted King. This guys writes and awesome and very snarky blog. Check it out at www.iamtedking.com. Also check out his t-shirt line, I Am NOT Ted King. Someone hacked his Twitter account a few months back and he just took the idea and ran with it. My favorite shirt is the Giro pink one!

Next up is Jens Voigt. One of the hardest working guys in the peleton, it is pretty much universally agreed that he is one rider who is most assuredly racing clean and someone that young fans can look up to. This clip from the documentary "Overcoming" sums up Jens in a nut shell. Remember, when in doubt think "WWJD?" - What Would Jens Do?

Now, my friends, I give you who I think is the funniest guy in the field - David Zabriskie. There is simply too much to say and too many videos to post so I'll put link to the three I think best show the kind of guy he is..
Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

Hopefully I brought a little laugh to your day. Now I'm off to go watch some Giro coverage.

Best
Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.