Monday, May 24, 2010

My Cyclocross setup



As we creep ever nearer to the beginning of the CX season I thought I would share the setup I'll be using for this season.

The bike began life as a stock 2008 Raleigh RX1.0. After the end of last season I knew some upgrades were needed to make it a full on race worthy machine.

Frame - 2009 Raleigh RX1.0 w/ Easton EC90 Carbon fork
Wheels - Rolf Vector Comp
Tires - Challenge Grifo 32's
Rear Dérailleur - Shimano 105 9spd
Cassette - Sram PG950 12-26 9spd
Front Derailleur - None
Cranks - FSA Gossamer
Chainrings - 38tooth with a Salsa Crossing Guard and Third Eye chainwatcher
Shifters - Left Shifter - Tektro RL520; Right shifter - Campagnolo Xenon 10spd (to see how to make this work with the Shimano R/D please click here)
Cables - Gore Sealed Ride-On
Brakes - Cane Creek SCX5
Bar - Deda 40cm wide
Stem - Deda 90mm +/- 8 degree rise
Saddle - Specialized Toupe 130
Seatpost - FSA Alloy with 25mm setback
Pedals - Crank Brothers Eggbeaters

I've had the chance to test this setup on a few mountain bike rides and am really happy with it. Now to get out and prove it on the course and hopefully pilot it to a few wins!

Best
Captain Crunch

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I got my name from a friend while playing a video game a long time ago and it just stuck. As if you couldn't tell from the picture I am a huge cycling nut, always looking for something harder.